Can I act as my own criminal defense attorney?

Legally speaking, you may represent yourself during a criminal trial, but trust us when we tell you that this is not a great idea. An experienced criminal defense attorney is far likelier to obtain the outcome you want from your case than someone who does not possess a deep understanding of relevant laws, legal precedents, and defense strategies.

Help! I was arrested for a drug crime, but I feel as though the local police officers searched and seized evidence illegally. What can I do?

If you feel that you were illegally searched for evidence, Matthew R. Tarvin can mount a strong defense on the grounds that the law enforcement officials involved violated your rights. We may be able to have your charges reduced or tossed out due to their impropriety.

Are all charges in federal cases tried as felonies?

Not always. There are some charges that are considered federal misdemeanors, but the majority of federal cases carry the possibility of a felony conviction.

My child was recently arrested on suspicion of a crime. What do I need to do to prevent them from ending up in a juvenile detention center?

As soon as you can, you need to retain a capable juvenile defense attorney to represent your child in the upcoming proceedings. Matthew R. Tarvin will do everything in his power to protect your child’s rights and push for the deferral, reduction, or dismissal of charges.

My spouse and I are ready to divorce, but neither of us wants to air our dirty laundry in court. Is there an alternative to traditional divorce proceedings?

Yes. Mediation is a great option for couples who can agree on the terms of their divorce and want to stay out of court. If you and your spouse are capable of negotiating and ultimately agreeing to things such as the division of debt and property, child custody and support, and other relevant divorce matters, we can settle this in mediation and send you both on your way.

I want to adopt my spouse’s child from their previous marriage. Can you help?

Yes. Matthew R. Tarvin is an experienced family law and adoption attorney who can help you assert your parental rights through either adoption or a guardianship.

I slipped and fell in a local grocery store and broke a bone. Can I get the store owner to pay for my medical bills?

Most likely, yes. We can help you file a personal injury claim and defend it in court if necessary to get you the compensation you deserve following your injury.

Do I still need estate planning if I own very few assets?

Everyone should plan their estate! Even if you do not consider yourself wealthy, estate planning allows you accomplish many important tasks, such as establishing a will, trust, power of attorney, advance healthcare directive, and more.

I’ve been named the executor of an estate following a family member’s death & I have no idea how to complete the probate process. Can you help?

Yes. Many people feel overwhelmed when they are tasked with executing an estate, but capable attorney Matthew R. Tarvin will advise you the entire way to ensure everything is completed according to the letter of the law.

What hours are you available for consultations & meetings?

Matthew R. Tarvin, P.C. is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00, but after-hours and weekend appointments are available upon request.

Matthew R. Tarvin, P.C. is a general counsel law firm representing Claremore and Rogers County clients primarily in the areas of criminal defense, family law, personal injury, and estate planning and probate. If you need help with a difficult legal matter, contact us today at 918.283.4441 to schedule a free consultation with an experienced and trustworthy Oklahoma attorney.